Walthers Mainline EMD SD60M w/2-Piece Windshield – Standard DC — Burlington Northern #9289 (green, black, white, US flag)
Add realistic variety to your HO roster with the WalthersMainline SD60M, based on later production locos fitted with wide cabs equipped with two-piece windshields.
Introduced in 1984, the SD60 used the standard EMD cab through 1989 when regulations mandated wider “safety cabs.” These later units, designated SD60M (Modified), used two different cab styles over the years; a three-piece windshield was standard through 1991 when an improved design was introduced with a two-piece windshield, which was used through the end of production in 1995.
- Limited edition – one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Prototypes in service 1991 to the present in main line & regional service
- Late-style safety cab with two-piece windshield
- Open grating on steps
- All-new drive including newly tooled power trucks & sideframes
- 9-pin plug for easy DCC conversion
- Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
- Five-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional lights
- Updated shell with molded drill starter points for grab irons in EMD SD60M Diesel Detail Kit (910-257) sold separately
- RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.