Broadway Limited – 5611 Light Pacific 4-6-2, NYC #6467, “Battleship Gray”, Paragon3 Sound/DC/DCC, HO
The Pacific-type locomotive evolved as the need for power and speed increased. First, the four-wheel leading truck delivered stability at the faster speeds. Second, six tall drivers provided pulling power and speed. Last, a two-wheel trailing truck provided support for a larger firebox. The sum of this design was the 4-6-2 USRA Pacific.
The USRA designation for light and heavy locomotives was a function of the track’s ability to withstand weight. Excessive axle weight could damage the rails, loosen fastenings, and also cause damage to the locomotive. The USRA deemed a maximum of 54,000 pounds per axle as a light locomotive. The USRA Light Pacific weighed in at 277,000 lbs, with a 73 inch driver diameter and a boiler pressure of 200 lb/in.
BLI’s models follow the original designs closely. Railroad specific variations are not modeled on these locomotives. In most instances we offer two locomotive numbers for each railroad, and we are offering a painted model (black) with no lettering.
NOTICE: Due to insufficient boiler diameter in the USRA Heavy and Light Pacific, these units will not have smoke units.
– NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDER with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
– Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
– Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
– Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
– Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
– Equipped with Traction Tires
– Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
|Dimensions||15 × 4 × 3.5 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.